Friday, December 9, 2011

It's been a while!


White-throated Sparrow
in Honey Locust Tree
  As a Mechanical Design Engineer, when I'm working, I have very little free time for walks in the greenbelt (during daylight hours). But when I'm in between assignments, as I am now, I try to walk at least 2 or 3 times a week. So until I get my next contract, my goal is to post updates once a week. I took a quick 15 minute walk yesterday on the North East end (Crooked Creek & Woodberry), & was pleased with the abundance of birds. There were allot of Sparrows (Song, Lincoln's, & White-throated) & Finches (House, & Gold) along the creek across from the first wildflower bed. Plenty of Hawks as well: 3 Red-tailed, 1 Red-shouldered, & 1 Cooper's. There are plenty of ducks in the pond on the McCoy end, including the largest group of Ring-necks I've ever seen in the greenbelt. A Mute Swan has also been feeding in the pond for a couple of weeks. The Nob Hill Bird List is up to 127 species.

No comments:

Post a Comment